We are currently seeking an experienced Landscape Architect to join our Brisbane-based landscape architecture and urban design practice.
The position will support our team’s work in the areas of:
- Urban design strategy and precinct master planning
- Open space planning and park master planning
- Landscape site design (site analysis, concept design, detail design documentation and construction phase services)
- Landscape rehabilitation
- Wayfinding and signage
- Transport infrastructure and public realm
LAUD ink undertakes a diverse and interesting range of projects throughout Queensland and New South Wales, across both public and private sectors. We are a close team of dedicated landscape architects and have established a positive workplace culture for all team members. Our project outcomes are underpinned by a high level of ownership and well developed relationships with our team, clients and consultant partners.
Experience and Qualifications:
Min. 5 year’s industry experience with tertiary qualification (AILA accredited degree) in landscape architecture.
To assist with landscape design projects ranging from concept to detailed design documentation across a range of scales. Involves preparation of drawings, documentation and reports.
The core role includes and is not limited to:
- Assist with landscape and urban design projects ranging from concept to detailed design documentation across a range of scales
- Preparation of drawings, figures, specifications, schedules and reports
- Implement design and drafting Quality Assurance reviews on project deliverables
- Liaise with suppliers, other consultants and clients regarding project specific issues
- Assist with coordination of sub consultants on multidisciplinary projects
- As required, undertake research related to design projects such as Local Government standards, review and summary of policy / strategy documents, Australian Standards, other consultants reports
- Attend site visits and project meetings with other LAUD ink team members, clients and/or other consultant
Undertake project construction phase services such as site inspections, works certification and liaison with contractors and builders
We are currently looking to employ a landscape architect on a permanent full time basis. Remuneration will be commensurate with the successful applicant’s level of experience.
Applicants should demonstrate the following key skills:
- Advanced competency in AutoCAD, MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in 3D packages (Revit/Sketch Up) desirable
- Proven ability to communicate ideas, issues,
systems and procedures to a variety of audiences. Respectful, friendly and
professional communication with other team members, consultants and clients is
- Demonstrated understanding of landscape
construction and materials, with a high level of attention to detail
- Collaborative and proactive approach to project
delivery and issues resolution
- Ability to work as part of a team and
autonomously, manage projects and work within multidisciplinary teams, and
ensure their delivery
- Time management – ability to exercise efficient judgement within constrained time scales and resources. As a consultancy, we require project work to be delivered as efficiently as possible
Application material required:
Please send for our consideration the following:
1. Cover letter outlining how your experience addresses the key skills and responsibilities of the required role
2. Resume/CV (including three referees)
3. Portfolio (max.10MB file in size)
Applications to be submitted by 14 December 2018.
Eleas Nicholaou or Jane Fogarty