The Office of Open Space and Parklands is seeking an experienced manager to provide leadership, specialist design excellence advice and lead, develop and deliver strategic plans and policy for open space, parklands and green infrastructure.
The primary purpose of the Manager Open Space Planning is to:
- Manage the implementation of Greener Places initiatives and identifying new open space opportunities through technical assessments and studies.
- Manage open space planning projects and processes in collaboration with other teams also focused on the delivery of best-practice open space planning across the Department of Planning and Environment and other Agencies
- Lead in developing the scope and finding dynamic, innovative and creative solutions for projects managed – from early stages through to delivery, including overseeing pilot projects that highlight and document best practice in the planning, design, delivery and management of green infrastructure as part of the Open Space and Parklands Program
- Lead a team of subject matter experts, designers and project staff in the delivery of Open Space and Parklands Program and projects canopy planning and delivery of open space across NSW.
- Lead the development and implementation of business cases to support future green infrastructure and initiatives across Sydney and NSW
Please view the full position description and obtain more information on how to apply for this position by following the link https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/job/manager-open-space-planning-129521
Applications Close: 12/11/2018
About the Department of Planning and Environment
The Department of Planning & Environment (DPE) is the lead NSW Government agency in planning for a growing NSW. The Department is going through an exciting period of organisational and operational change. Please click here for more information about DPE.
The Office of Open Space and Parklands was recently formed to promote more and better outdoor places for everyone across NSW. The team’s projects are a major focus for the Minister.
The Office is responsible for leading Open Space and Greening planning and programs across NSW to promote strategic open space and inclusive playspaces across for all NSW residents. It is also responsible for increasing Sydney’s urban canopy through its five Million Trees for Greater Sydney program.
The Office engages closely with key stakeholders including local councils, government agencies, industry and the NSW community to deliver its high-profile programs.
For more information about Open Space and Parks please click http://www.planning.nsw.gov.au/Policy-and-Legislation/Open-space-and-parklands