The Office of Open Space and Parklands is looking for a person to deliver key open space and green infrastructure programs across NSW.
The Department of Planning & Environment is the lead NSW Government agency in planning for a growing NSW. The Department is going through an exciting period of organisational and operational change. The Department’s vision – Planning for growing NSW: inspiring strong communities, protecting our environment – provides the benchmark for our partnership and leadership approach to engaging and working collaboratively with key State and Local Government, community and industry stakeholders to deliver better outcomes in the areas of planning, local government and the environment.
The Department is the lead agency for the Planning and Environment cluster, which includes the Office of Environment & Heritage, the Office of Local Government, Resources, Energy and the Arts and several other entities associated with the Department including the Environment Protection Authority, statutory trusts responsible for zoos, parks and gardens, independent assessment and planning bodies, and development corporations.
The Office of Open Space and Parklands has been established to plan, advocate for, and implement high quality open space, parkland and landscape outcomes for NSW.
Primary purpose of the role
The Program Landscape Architect manages and coordinates the strategic planning, development, implementation, reporting, delivery and auditing/compliance monitoring of key Open Space and Parklands programs which support and enable urban canopy expansion and inclusive playspaces across NSW.
- Manage and coordinate planning and delivery of strategic projects designed to achieve Government and Department objectives with a focus implementing the Everyone Can Play in NSW program. This includes managing budget, schedules and scopes, governance and collaboration with local government across NSW. Contributing to other programs as required, such as the 5 Million Trees for Greater Sydney program.
- Monitor and evaluate all aspects of project implementation and activity, including risk and contingency management, benefits realisation, project impact and quality measures, to identify and address issues, assess progress and effectiveness, and optimise outcomes.
- Provide design and open space planning advice and guidance to stakeholders (such as design reviews and support) as a part of the delivery of the Open Space and Parklands programs.
- Provide cogent, credible advice to inform Departmental and Government programs in the Open Space and Parklands portfolio, focussed on community engagement, open space development, design, planning and delivery.
- As required, contribute to the development and review of relevant policies and strategic documents, to optimise outcomes and advocate best practice, and prepare reports on the implementation and success of Open Space and Parklands Programs.
- Contribute to projects to evaluate, identify and implement opportunities to improve outcomes and inform future strategic projects and decision-making.
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with internal Departmental stakeholders, other government agencies, sector stakeholders, key representatives, contractors and others to effectively consult, negotiate, inform decision-making, foster support and ultimately optimise program outcomes.
- Manage project contractors, budgets and other assets, ensuring compliance with governance and quality requirements, to successfully deliver on project milestones, general service expectations and outcomes.
Please view the full position description and obtain more information on how to apply for this position by following the link https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/job/program-landscape-architect-129622
Applications Close: 11/11/2018