We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Landscape Architect to
join our Brisbane-based landscape architecture and urban design practice.
The position will support our team’s work in the areas of:
- Urban design strategy and precinct master planning
- Open space planning and park master planning
- Landscape site design (site analysis, concept design, detail design documentation and construction phase services)
- Landscape rehabilitation
- Wayfinding and signage
- Transport infrastructure and public realm
LAUD ink undertakes a diverse and interesting range of projects throughout Queensland and New South Wales, across both public and private sectors. We are a close team of dedicated landscape architects and have established a positive workplace culture for all team members. Our project outcomes are underpinned by a high level of ownership and well developed relationships with our team, clients and consultant partners.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Min. 8 - 10 year’s industry experience with tertiary qualification (AILA accredited degree) in landscape architecture.
- AILA Registration desirable, however not essential.
To lead and assist with landscape design projects ranging from concept to detailed design documentation across a range of scales. Involves preparation of drawings, documentation and reports.
The core role includes and is not limited to:
- Lead and manage landscape and urban design projects ranging from concept to detailed design documentation across a range of scales
- Preparation of drawings, figures, specifications, schedules and reports
- Undertake design and drafting Quality Assurance reviews on project deliverables
- Assist LAUD ink Directors with mentoring of LAUD ink team
- Liaise with suppliers, other consultants and clients regarding project specific issues
- Coordination of sub consultants on multidisciplinary projects\
- As required, undertake research related to design projects such as Local Government standards, review and summary of policy / strategy documents, Australian Standards, other consultants reports
- Attend site visits and project meetings with other LAUD ink team members, clients and/or other consultants
- Undertake project construction phase services such as site inspections, works certification and liaison with contractors and builders
- Provide assistance with bid and proposal preparation, as required
We are currently looking to employ a senior landscape architect on a permanent full time basis. Remuneration will be commensurate with the successful applicant’s level of experience.
Applicants should demonstrate the following key skills:
- Advanced competency in AutoCAD, MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in 3D packages (Revit/Sketch Up) desirable
- Proven ability to communicate ideas, issues, systems and procedures to a variety of audiences. Respectful, friendly and professional communication with other team members, consultants and clients is essential
- Demonstrated understanding of landscape construction and materials, with a high level of attention to detail
- Collaborative and proactive approach to project delivery and issues resolution
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously, manage projects and multidisciplinary teams, and ensure their delivery
- Time management – ability to exercise efficient judgement within constrained time scales and resources. As a consultancy, we require project work to be delivered as efficiently as possible
Application material required:
Please send for our consideration the following:
- Cover letter outlining how your experience addresses the key skills and responsibilities of the required role
- Resume/CV (including three referees)
- Portfolio (max.10MB file in size)
Applications to be submitted by 23 November 2018.
Eleas Nicholaou or Jane Fogarty